Audience Development Manager, AllGear
Lola Digital Media is seeking a high-energy, versatile, and passionate Audience Development Manager to help grow our AllGear group of digital media publications, which include category leaders such as GearJunkie, BikeRumor, iRunFar, and Switchback Travel.
As an Audience Development Manager, you’ll work to grow readership and increase user engagement through effective social media strategy and email newsletter planning. In this position, you’ll identify audience trends, monitor content performance and adapt to a changing landscape on the platform and brand level. The ideal candidate for this position has experience working for digital publications and understands content from both creation and marketing perspectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic Planning. Drive traffic to our websites and increase community engagement through social media postings and email newsletter campaigns, relying on best practices per platform to obtain success.
- Content Management. Curate content from our websites that has the highest chance of performing on social media and email newsletters, drafting copy and selecting visual collateral specific to each platform and audience.
- Audience Reporting. Review weekly and monthly data from social media platforms and email newsletters to ensure we are growing and optimizing regularly.
- Cross-Team Collaboration. Connect with editors and writers on a weekly basis to gain familiarity with the content pipeline, branded productions and upcoming projects.
- Knowledge. Understand the intricacies of each social media platform and recognize the audience of each platform to be a source of all things digital marketing for editorial teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Journalism or Marketing
- Strong writing and proofreading skills, with the ability to adapt different voices per brand
- Keen eye for visuals, inducing photography, graphics and video
- Grasp of social media trends and platforms, with a focus on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
- Awareness of email newsletter trends and platforms, with a focus on subscriber journey
- Basic knowledge of photo editing, video editing and graphic design
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, with internal and external messaging
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and stay organized with tasks at hand
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and multi-task without full supervision
- Overall team player willing to learn new tasks and assist when needed
Nice to Have
- Interests in outdoor adventure sports (biking, running, hiking, fishing, etc.)
How to Apply
Send your cover letter, resume, and samples to [email protected] with the subject line “Application: Audience Development Manager, AllGear” to be considered. If a Lola employee referred you, be sure to include that in your email.
As a minority-owned business, Lola Digital Media is dedicated to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in all that we do. It’s not just about growing our already diverse team, but about the role we can have in being a part of the broader global conversation.