Buyer’s Guide Writer, Bikerumor
Lola Digital Media seeks a buyer’s guide writer to join Bikerumor.com, the world’s largest cycling tech blog. We cover the shiny new things, with in-depth interviews and detailed stories about how the bicycles and components work, plus reviews to see if they live up to the hype. We need a hard-working writer with a good understanding of product and technology trends to write compelling articles about the products that help us live our best lives.
What does this job look like? Most days, you’ll be head-down writing articles to assist millions of readers worldwide in their purchasing decisions. As part of our product reviews team, you’ll also get access to the latest gear on the market. This is a fully remote contractor position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce and publish six buyer’s guides per month that will help consumers shopping for a broad range of cycling products
- Assist in researching and sourcing the latest gear
- Testing products for each guide and/or gathering input from our editorial and contributor teams to determine the best products within target categories
- Work with affiliate and related teams to create appropriate links and post outlines
- Good general knowledge of road, gravel, cyclocross and mountain bike products, technologies and brands
- Be a flexible, present member of the team, helping where you can, when you can
- Communicate needs and concerns with management as soon as they arise
Who You Are
- Knows AP Style inside and out, excellent writing skills, able to convey a lot of information succinctly and accurately
- Experience writing affiliate content and/or product reviews
- Familiarity with WordPress content management system
- Must be self-motivated and flexible, able to keep up with a fast-paced media environment
- Strong workflow and organizational skills
- Deep understanding of product development
- Working knowledge of SEO principles
- Previous SEO experience preferred
- Working knowledge of HTML preferred
- Good photography skills a plus
- Enjoy working on a small, nimble team
How to Apply
Visit Bikerumor.com and do your homework. Then send your cover letter, resume and writing samples to [email protected] with subject line “Application: Buyer’s Guide Writer” to be considered.
As a minority-owned business, Lola Digital Media is dedicated to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in all that we do. It’s not just about growing our already diverse team, but about the role we can have in being a part of the broader global conversation.