Buying Guide Editor (Contract)
Lola Digital Media is seeking a Buying Guide Editor for its AllGear division’s Commerce Content. This position will edit for several of our publications, including GearJunkie.com, Bikerumor.com, ExplorersWeb.com, and more. This is a fully remote contractor position with the opportunity to become a full-time employee in the future.
This is a remote position with an expected starting workload of 30 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Edit Buying Guides across AllGear sites including but not limited to GearJunkie, AutoWise, Bikerumor, iRunFar, ExplorersWeb
- Complete final edit for:
- Proper format
- Content flow & readability
- Punctuation, grammar, and spelling
- Make sure URL is spelled correctly and optimized
- Other post features including homepage positioning, affiliate warnings, hidden ads, etc.
- SEO optimization
- Check affiliate links and prices for accuracy
- Check images have alt text, attribution, etc.
- Fact check for accuracy as needed
- Ensure guides are publish-ready
- Stay up to date on Monday.com and help out where needed
- Participate in team calls and contribute brilliant ideas
Who You Are
- Copyediting and editing experience
- Attention to detail
- WordPress experience
- Able to follow AP Guidelines & Site Style Guides
- Familiar with SEO optimization tools and concepts
Nice to Have
- Experience working on remote teams
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Working knowledge of Photoshop
- Understanding of affiliate link generation and application
How to Apply
Send us your cover letter, resume and writing samples showing us why you’re the perfect fit for this role.
Lola Digital Media is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity and inclusivity in all that we do.