Community Manager, AllGear
The AllGear Community Manager works to grow readership and increase user engagement through effective social media and e-news campaigns. This position will work across the AllGear portfolio with a focus on Autowise.com, iRunFar.com, Bikerumor.com, and GearHungry.com. This is a fully remote, US-based position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read blog posts and draft appropriate corresponding social media and e-news copy for all platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, push notifications, e-newsletters)
- Source visual collateral as needed
- Post copy and visual collateral to all platforms
- Understand audience of each blog and cross-promote between brands when appropriate
- Stay informed on social media and e-news trends and platforms; learn new platforms as needed
- Present strategies to management to grow audience and increase engagement across sites and platforms
- Participate in team calls and contribute brilliant ideas
- Administrative support, general team player as needed
Who You Are
- Superb writing and proofreading skills with the ability to adapt voice to different blog styles
- Knowledge of social media and e-news trends and platforms; able to learn new platforms quickly
- Organization, timeliness, and internal communication are key
- Self-motivated and able to effectively multitask without much supervision
- Must be familiar with or be able to quickly learn WordPress and Photoshop
- Must be familiar with or able to quickly learn social media and email publishing tools such as Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and MailChimp
- Knowledge of basic HTML is a plus
- Reliable access to a computer and wi-fi to work remotely
Nice to Have
- Experience working on remote teams
- Digital publication social media and/or e-news experience
- Unlimited vacation days
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K + company match
- Wellness perks including a fitness stipend, massage stipend, and premium membership to the Calm meditation app
- We are a completely remote team, meaning you can work from home, your favorite coffee shop, or anywhere with good wi-fi!
How to Apply
Send us your resume and cover letter telling us why you’re the perfect fit for this role. Social media and/or e-news writing samples also welcome. If a Lola employee referred you, be sure to include that in your email.
Lola Digital Media is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity and inclusivity in all that we do.