Contract Editor, MyPetNeedsThat.com
Lola Digital Media owns and operates a portfolio of global online brands spanning a wide range of industries. Our diverse collection of properties enables us to deliver unique, high-quality content across a wide and engaged audience.
Right now, we are looking for a Contract Editor to join our ranks and manage one of our newest properties, MyPetNeedsThat.com. This is a remote, US-based contract position that has the potential to convert to a full-time employee in the future.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write your 2+ well-researched posts daily
- Build a team of pet writers
- Create and execute on a strong content and marketing strategy to increase traffic and revenue for MyPetNeedsThat.com
- Create and maintain effective editorial calendar, utilizing your own researched ideas and pitched topics from freelance writers/Lola team members
- Perform in-depth Keyword Research to target high-volume, high-opportunity keywords in daily articles and content pieces
- Within the content ideation process, discovering products and content to include within the articles
- Manage remote content writers and content upload freelancers: assign topics, edit content before publishing, give feedback, hire/fire as needed
Who You Are
- Knowledge of and interest in pets and the pet industry
- Connected with pet experts, such as veterinarians and trainers
- Experience managing an editorial calendar and content writers
- Demonstrated success in increasing traffic to a website
- Tech-savvy and able to adapt to new online platforms
- Detail-oriented self-starter able to manage several work streams at once
- Fast, accurate writer and editor
- Reside and authorized to work in the United States
- Editorial experience in the pet or animal industry and/or online product reviews
- Experience working with affiliate partners (i.e. Amazon Affiliates)
- Experience managing and/or working with remote teams
- Basic working knowledge of HTML, SEO, Photoshop, WordPress
How to Apply
Send your resume, cover letter and writing samples to [email protected] If a Lola employee referred you, be sure to include that in your email.
As a minority-owned business, Lola Digital Media is dedicated to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in all that we do. It’s not just about growing our already diverse team, but about the role we can have in being a part of the broader global conversation.