GearJunkie Assistant Editor, Motors Focus
GearJunkie.com is the leading voice of outdoor recreation, news, and product reviews. Our category-leading digital media publication defines the conversations among those who are passionate about auto, camping, hiking, skiing, hunting, and more.
We are looking for a high-energy, versatile assistant editor with general automotive and outdoor recreation knowledge. This full-time, contract position will support the GearJunkie editorial team with line editing, post building/formatting, and writing as needed. The successful candidate will be proficient in fact-checking, copy editing, WordPress, SEO, and content management systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Quickly line edit stories of between 300-1,500 words
- Be available for urgent edits during a set period of time daily
- Build out posts in WordPress from contributor submissions
- Seek out story opportunities
- Write stories based on press releases, other sources, and research
Who You Are
- Mastery of written English, with at least one year of professional experience writing and editing
- WordPress skills and mastery of AP format are musts
- Strong editor; text, images, and formatting
- Extreme attention to detail
- Reasonably strong SEO skills
- Be comfortable working in Slack, Monday, Zoom, and G-Suite
- General automotive and outdoor recreation knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or related field preferred
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Application: GearJunkie Assistant Editor, Motors” to be considered. If a Lola employee referred you, be sure to include that in your email.
As a minority-owned business, Lola Digital Media is dedicated to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in all that we do. It’s not just about growing our already diverse team, but about the role we can have in being a part of the broader global conversation.