Digital Producer/Editor (SoapHub.com)
SoapHub.com, a Lola Digital Media property, is the leading digital news source for soap opera fans. We strive to amplify and define soap culture with daily news, spoilers, recap, polls, exclusive interviews, and a paid membership subscription.
We are currently searching for an experienced, Los Angeles-based Digital Producer/Editor to join our dynamic team. This is a fully remote position with potential travel when it is safe to resume in-person events. The right candidate may be eligible to be hired on full-time in the future.
Who You Are
You have a high-energy personality and a genuine passion for soap operas. You’re a self-starter, independently accountable, incredibly organized, adept at project management, and motivated to work quickly across a variety of daily tasks. You have proven experience in video and image editing, as well as a creative eye for making viral web content.
- Experience with videography and video production and graphic design, specifically on Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, and After Effects
- 2+ years’ experience creating compelling, shareable, original content (preferably short-form videos)
- Passion for creating entertaining videos across all social media platforms with an eye for the target audience
- Interest in American soap operas and general entertainment
- Adaptable and creative problem solver able to execute on any video idea
- Able to work remotely, including access to the necessary equipment and reliable internet
- Organized, detail-oriented, and timely, with a proven ability to juggle multiple projects at a time
- Able to keep up with high pressure, fast-paced newsroom/production environment
- Tech-savvy and a fast learner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Google Sheets & Excel knowledge
- Basic HTML knowledge
- Located in Los Angeles with access to reliable transportation
Nice To Haves
- Experience in the soap opera and/or entertainment industry
- Working knowledge of social media management platforms like Hootsuite and Facebook Business Manager
- Email newsletter experience
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for many aspects of the creative process, including but not limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and edit custom short-form videos (1:30-3 minutes in length) with the goal of going viral in the soap community
- Receive image editing requests from the editorial staff and process them in a timely manner – turnaround time usually within an hour
- Watch daily soap operas and follow similar topics and stars on social media
- Participate in various Soap Hub events, virtual for now and eventually in person
- Manage YouTube and Vimeo video channels
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the team, support your team and give creative feedback
- Test iterations of approved concepts and proactively resolve any issues that may arise during the production process
- Visually present creative concepts in an easy to follow manner – keep in mind your audience!
$3200 monthly. This is a contractor position with an opportunity to be hired on full-time in the future.
To apply, send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to [email protected] with subject line Digital Producer/Editor: YOUR NAME.