Staff Writer, Improb
Lola Digital Media seeks a writer to join AllGear, the leading network in outdoor, home, and gear news and reviews. This position will write specifically for Improb.com. We need a hard-working writer with a good understanding of product and technology trends to write compelling articles about the products that help us live our best lives. The ideal candidate will have a passion for EDC and tactical products from knives to firearms to sunglasses. This is a fully remote contractor position.
What does this job look like? Most days, you’ll be head-down writing articles to assist millions of readers worldwide in their purchasing decisions. As part of our product reviews team, you’ll also get access to the latest gear on the market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write about exciting new products and trends before they reach the mainstream market
- Write helpful buyer’s guides for consumers shopping for a broad range of products
- Consistently write efficiently, averaging about 3,000+ words per day
- Write and publish 2-3 stories per day (or 1 long-form article per day)
- Assist in researching the best products across several verticals
- Be a flexible, present member of the team, helping where you can, when you can
- Communicate needs and concerns with management as soon as they arise
Who You Are
- Knows AP Style inside and out, excellent writing skills
- Experience writing affiliate content and/or product reviews
- Familiarity with WordPress content management system
- Must be self-motivated and flexible, able to keep up with a fast-paced media environment
- Strong workflow and organizational skills
- Deep understanding of product development
- Working knowledge of SEO principles
- Previous SEO experience preferred
- Working knowledge of HTML preferred
- Good photography skills a plus
- Enjoy working on a small, nimble team
How to Apply
Visit Improb.com and do your homework. Then send your cover letter, resume and writing samples to [email protected] with subject line “Application: Improb Writer” to be considered.
As a minority-owned business, Lola Digital Media is dedicated to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in all that we do. It’s not just about growing our already diverse team, but about the role we can have in being a part of the broader global conversation.